turtles

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Concerns for the FUTURE!!!!!!!!





Yesterday Eric and I had a dentist appointment, so I picked him up from school. While we were talking he suddenly said: "Mommy, I am very worried about what I am going to be when I grow up, there are so many choices!!"


I asked him: "What are some of the things you would like to be?"


Eric: "I would like to be: a school worker, a bank rupter (Banker), a SOP (you know like college!! MSU), a doctor, a police officer, a fire fighter, an ambulance driver, construction builder, an intel person (now this one we didn't have time to have him explain what that meant)."


So it was our turn to go in, since I was also having work done on my teeth, he wanted me to get the shot done first, and he would be just fine. So I got it and than it was his turn. He did a wonderful job. The dentist worked on him while he watched sponge Bob on a small TV on the ceiling. When it was time to put the filling in, Dr. Monson had to put a ring around Eric's teeth and Eric raised his hand and made a motion for the Dr. to stop, the Dr. asked him if he was hurting and Eric said: "No, I just can't see!!"


When it was my turn, Eric wanted to sit by me to watch. While Dr. Monson drilled the old filling out and explained what he was doing to Eric, he was very attentive and he would say things like: "Oh! You missed a spot!", and than "O.K. Now you are done" Sometimes his head was so into my mouth that he would get sprayed in the eyes and move his little eyes around but not move an inch! He made my visit to the dentist so enjoyable and funny. The assistants were laughing, the dentist was laughing and he was just himself. Latter we came to find out that he bit his cheek quite hard and now he has a bruised cheek, and most likely he will develop a canker sore and his cheek is all swollen. He was a great trooper through the whole procedure.

Way to go Eric

Eric lost two teeth this month. One of Friday 10/3/08 and one on Saturday 10/4/08. here is a picture of him with his little window!

No comments: